Whether you are looking for a short-term volunteer experience or a way to spend time on a daily or weekly basis with us there are plenty of options for you to help Scott's Run Settlement House make a difference in your neighborhood!
If you have time to volunteer a day or two a week, you could:
- Work in our food pantry putting together food orders for clients; this is a critical need!
- Provide office support
- Help pick-up donated food items on a regular schedule
- Share your skills and talents with our clients by collaborating with our staff to develop a program
If you wanted to volunteer for a day or two or even once a month, you could:
- Work at a special event
- Put together a work team (or join a work team) to help repair or weatherize a home in Monongalia County
Assist on a day we receive our monthly food delivery; next scheduled deliveries are on April 30, May 29, June 26 and July 31
- Offer to lead a program for one of our senior groups--we are always looking for ways to share information that is vital such as changes in Medicare, safe senior driving, senior fitness, etc.
- Help to clean and organize a room or area in the Settlement House
- Help back Backpack bags on Wednesday at 12:00pm
- Deliver food bags to one of our participating Backpack Feeding schools
- Offer a green thumb to benefit our gardens
- Hold a food drive to benefit Scott's Run Settlement House
- Hold a baby shower for our Baby Basics Pantry
If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please give Erika Martin a call at (304) 599-5020 or at firstname.lastname@example.org